Thanks to the support of generous donors, the Phillips Scholarship Fund is administering a new scholarship program this year, the H&H Scholarship for students from Essex County, Massachusetts. High school seniors and community college transfers from Essex County who meet our Phillips Scholarship criteria may also be considered for an H&H Scholarship, which is renewable for up to four years. Details are as follows:
- Applicants must be permanent residents of Essex County in Massachusetts, but may attend college anywhere in the United States.
- Applicants must be attending a four-year college for the first time in the 2019-20 academic year; applicants must be seniors in high school.
- Awards will be renewable for up to eight semesters while students are still pursuing their first Bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants must be United States citizens, or non-citizens with a current lawful presence and work authorization in the U.S.
- Applicants must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher on a scale of 4.0 to be considered.
- Approximately five new awards granted each year.
- Applicants must have financial need. It is our intent to award students with Expected Family Contributions (EFC) of $10,000 or less, although we do consider families with special, extenuating financial situations. Before beginning the application, use the financial calculator on the Phillips website to be sure that you qualify financially.
Candidates for the H&H Scholarship will be identified from among applicants who complete the Stephen Phillips Memorial Scholarship Application. Applicants will receive a single response notifying them if they have been granted either award.
Applicants who are awarded an H&H Scholarship may be invited to a gathering for recipients to meet the donors, and will be expected to attend any such meeting.