April 3rd deadline for a decision before May 1st
In addition to the regular application process, Phillips offers an early response process for those high school students whose college choice would be impacted by whether or not they receive a Phillips Scholarship. The first 400 applications received by 12 noon on April 3, 2023 will be considered. Applicants must submit a completed New Application for High School Students, including financial aid information from the college they plan to attend and all other required materials. Students will be notified by April 28th of one of the following decisions: awarded a scholarship, deferred to the regular application pool, or not awarded a scholarship for this year.
- For students who are deferred to the regular application process, their application will continue to be considered and they will receive notification in mid-June of a decision.
- For applicants who are not awarded a scholarship and are not deferred to the regular application process, this is a final decision for this year.
Any high school applicant who submits the New High School Application by 12 noon on April 3rd, but after the 400 quota has been reached, will automatically be deferred to the regular application process. These applicants will be notified by email shortly after the April 3rd deadline to let them know that their application will be considered with all applications submitted by the May 1st deadline. Deferred applicants will also receive an email notification in mid-June notifying them of a final decision.
Any applicant who begins the New High School Application and intends to submit by April 3rd but misses the deadline, can continue to work on their application and submit it by May 1st.
- Check The Award and Criteria to Apply to be sure you meet all qualifications.
- Visit the Financial Eligibility page and complete the Financial Calculator to check that you qualify financially. Your Phillips Eligibility must be over $7,000.
Next Steps & Directions
- The application can be done in multiple sittings.
- The application can be completed on a computer or tablet, but cannot be easily done on a mobile device.
- Be sure to give recommender(s) time to complete their forms. As soon as you enter a recommender’s name and email, and save your application, their recommendation request will be emailed.
- The New Application for High School Students is available here.
- Official high school transcript for all academic work through 1st semester of senior year.
- One recommendation form – School Counselor Form (and letter), other recommendations optional
- 2023-2024 Student Aid Report from FAFSA.
- Financial Aid Award for 2023-2024 from the college where the student would like to attend.
- Essays and short answers are part of the application.
- 2022 Student W-2 Forms(s) and 2021 Parent Tax Form(s) may be requested later in the process.
Help for New Applicants page
Please refer to this page as you work on the application.
FAQs for the New Application
You may also find the answer to your question here.
We are happy to answer email queries about the scholarship application process.