Determining Financial Eligibility
A Phillips Eligibility figure of $7,000 or more, as calculated by our Financial Eligibility Calculator.
- This calculator deducts your federally determined Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and grants/scholarships from the direct costs of college in order to determine your unmet need. Please be sure to use the entire direct cost of college and do not include loans or work study.
An Expected Family Contribution (EFC) from FAFSA of $10,000 or less. This information can be found on your FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) -- learn more here.
- If your EFC is above $10,000, but you feel that there are special financial circumstances that impact your family’s ability to pay, please email or call our office to discuss your situation before working on a new application.
- As helpful context, in 2023:
- 84% of newly awarded students had family AGIs of less than $85,000.
- 81% of newly awarded students had federal EFCs of less than $7,000.
- The average federal EFC of newly awarded students was 3,419.