FAFSA InformationFree Application for Federal Student Aid
After you fill out your FAFSA application, you will receive your FAFSA Submission Summary (FSS). The response time and method vary depending whether you file online or by mail. We recommend filing online, as it is the quickest and most efficient way of applying.
The Federal Student Aid ID
Information from the FAFSA Submission Summary (FSS) that is required for the Phillips Scholarship is as follows:
- Eligibility Overview – which includes your SAI (Student Aid Index) and an estimate of the financial aid offer
- FAFSA Form Answers – see the answers provided on the FAFSA form and make corrections (if applicable)
- School Information – includes information from the student selected colleges including graduation rate, retention rate, transfer rate, average annual cost of attendance, etc.
- Next Steps – any required further action(s) and to do the action(s) ASAP
An example of the Financial Submission Summary (FSS) and directions to access your FSS will be added here in March.
We encourage students to complete any action listed in the Next Steps on your FSS as soon as possible in order to receive your financial aid offers.
For the most complete information regarding the FAFSA and FSS, please visit the FAFSA website.
Common questions about the FAFSA process.
Please note that we need all pages of your FAFSA Submission Summary. Problems? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sample Student Aid Report
View a sample electronic 2023-2024 Student Aid Report (SAR).
- Have your FSA ID (username and password) available.
- Go to the FAFSA home page and click “Login” under Returning User as a student.
- Log into the system using student FSA ID Username and FSA Password, and the Two-Step Verification process.
- You may be asked to confirm your Contact Information and Communications Preferences.
- In the 2023-24 tab, scroll down and click on “View SAR”.
- Find the most recent version of your SAR (top of list), click on “View SAR”.
- At the top right of page, click on “Print SAR” and choose to Save as a PDF file, All pages.
- Save the entire SAR to your computer as a PDF file. It is now ready to upload to the application.