Salem Five Bright Minds Scholarship
The Bright Minds Scholarship Program awards high school students from select Massachusetts counties entering a four-year college anywhere in the United States. The Bright Minds Scholarship was created by the Salem Five Charitable Foundation as part of its commitment to giving back to the communities it serves.
The Salem Five Charitable Foundation works to support organizations making a positive impact in the communities served by Salem Five Bank and ensuring vibrant and viable futures for those they serve. The Bright Minds Scholarship provides up to $12,000 per student for higher education expenses over a four-year period, with scholars eligible to receive up to $3,000 annually, provided they remain in good academic standing.
- Be permanent Massachusetts residents from the Essex or Middlesex County.
- Be academically successful.
- Be a high school student entering college, planning to be enrolled full-time (at least 12 hours/credits per semester).
- Be a US Citizen.
- Demonstrate strong financial need. (Applicants generally have an Expected Family Contributions (EFC) of $10,000 or less, although families with special, extenuating financial situations are considered.)
- Apply using the Phillips Scholarship Application.