Western Massachusetts Scholarship Program
Permanent residents of Berkshire, Franklin, Hampden or Hampshire counties in Massachusetts, but may attend college anywhere in the United States.
- Demonstrated through their activities in high school and/or choice of college major a commitment to social justice and/or environmental causes.
- United States citizens, or noncitizens with a current lawful presence and work authorization in the U.S.
- Awards began with first year of college and all recipients are enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program at a four-year college in the U.S.
Recipients graduated from high school with a GPA of 3.0 or higher on a scale of 4.0, and must have a 2.5 or higher while in college.
- Recipients have financial need. The intent was to award students with Expected Family Contributions (EFC) of $10,000 or less, although families with special, extenuating financial situations were considered.
- For new Western Massachusetts Scholarship Recipients in 2020:
- 100% had family AGIs of less than $80,000.
- 86% had federal EFCs of less than $3,000.
- The average federal EFC was $2,204.